Rose of Jericho is also called the "resurrection plant" due to its ability to "come back to life" when given water. It is said to bring prosperity and success to the owner when cared for with love and respect. The water is useful for consecrating sacred tools or for ritual. Use a paint brush to outline the doorways of your home and business with the water of the Rose of Jericho to bring you abundance and wealth. Place the plant in a shallow bowl of water by your front door to invite prosperity into your dwelling. Place five coins in the water to increase your opportunity for success. Even if you have no interest in utilizing this plant for ritual use, it is a wonderful reminder to begin again. It inspires me in my darkest hours, when I feel dead inside, that the possibility of a fresh start is possible.
More info about Rose of Jericho...
"The plant we are looking at here is Selaginella lepidophylla, and it’s by far the prettier of the two plants that go by this name. The other is a true desert tumbleweed with greyish foliage. It’s also harder to grow because it depends on being rooted into soil. It makes many seeds and germinates easily, so you’re much better off with Selaginella lepidophylla! It’s prettier, and it can’t become a weed! The Rose of Jericho is a plant that is incredibly hard to kill! It can be kept in a dark cupboard for years and still revive in water. When placed in a bowl of water, it perks up within about four hours. Don’t leave it standing in water for more than a few days, as this will make it rot. Change the water daily, and give it “rests” without water. You can also grow it as you would an “air plant” or epiphyte. Its roots don’t need to attach to anything, so you can attach it to another plant’s stems or place it on the surface of a pot with pebbles. Mist it down from time to time to keep it looking fresh and lovely, but if you do allow it to wilt by accident, there’s nothing to worry about! The Rose of Jericho goes from seeming death to life so magically, that it’s not surprising to discover that it is believed to have magical qualities. Believers in Hoodoo say that this plant will bring you prosperity if you add five coins to the water you use to make it unfurl. They leave the plant in the water for a few days before brushing the water onto windows and doors to let prosperity in. In Santeria, the plant is associated with the spirit of thunder and lightning and is often presented as an offering to the spirit. It is also said to bring happiness to those who bless themselves with it. Christians, on the other hand, see the plant as being symbolic of the opening of the womb of Mary, so it is often displayed at Christmas. Not surprisingly, they also see the death and resurrection of Christ in its ability to “die” and then recover."
Info via farmergracy.co.uk
This plant truly is a natural wonder! The photos show a dormant plant, day 1, day 2, and day 4- super green! Each plant varies slightly in curled up size so I've divided them into "small, medium, and large" categories as seen in the last photo. All are incredible.
How to care for Rose of Jericho…
- If room temperature water is used to revive the plant, the transition is much faster. Not too hot, not too cold. Give her a drink that is just right! Place your plant in a shallow container and give it just enough water to cover her bottom/roots. You can experiment with more or less water as you get to know your plant.
- Place the plant near your entryway for abundance or anywhere in your home you consider sacred.
- Filtered or soft light is perfect. This plant doesn’t require full sunlight to reawaken.
- Do not leave the plant in the water for longer than one week in a row or it will become slimy and rotten.
- Change the water daily in order to avoid mold. This is the perfect opportunity to utilize the charged water for ritual if you choose. As you grow more in tune with your plant you will know whether a couple days is fine or you should stick to the strict daily water change.
- After having left the plant in water for one week, give it a “holiday” of at least two weeks to dry out again. Thank your Rose of Jericho for her magical presence. Feed her a crystal or a scrap of paper with affirmations/manifestations and allow her to rest.
Using Water of Jericho…
- You can sprinkle the charged water of the Rose of Jericho on your doorstep to invite all blessings.
- Paint your door frame with the water to enhance protection.
- Add it to floor wash or sprinkle on your threshold or steps to bless your finances and attract more money.
- Use it as “Holy Water” to repel malevolent entities and reverse bad luck.
- Consecrate any tools used in ritual with the water.
- Use Rose of Jericho to enhance your space + as a reminder that you can always begin again. This is a really fun plant to have an your collection!
The above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Information presented here is not intended to be construed as medical advice or to prevent, treat, or cure any disease.